ABOUT M & M BOX PARTITIONS CO.
- All partitions are custom made without die charges to our customers.
- Partitions are sets of fiberboard or corrugated strips which are cut, slotted and assembled to form a number of cells.
- The number of cells equals the arrangement: 4 x 3: 12 cells, 10 x 5: 50 cells.
- The cell size is measured from the center of one slot to the center of the next slot.
- The cell size for a fiberboard partition is the part size plus 1/16″ (length + width)
The cell size for a corrugated partition is the part size plus 3/16″ (length + width)
The cell size height typically equals the height of the part being packaged.
- Air cells are end cells which do not hold product. They are usually smaller than the cell size and used primarily to form a protective cushion between the inner wall of a carton and the part being packaged.
- Air cells can also be used to take up space between a cell and a stock box or a carton in current use.
- Below is a diagram of a partition strip with air cells
- Strip length equals cell size multiplied by arrangement plus air cells
- The strip length is typically 1/8″ less than the carton box